Lotmix.com.au (“Lotmix”, “Website”) is run and operated by Landconnect Global Pty Ltd. The following policy outlines how we collect and look after your data when using our Website.
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), including the Australian Privacy Principles and applicable privacy regulations.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information from you when:
- you accept an invitation to join, and create an account on, Lotmix;
- you communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email;
- you share information with us from other social media applications, services or websites;
- you interact with our websites, services, content and, advertising;
- you contribute to our website; or
- you subscribe to our newsletter or email or SMS alerts.
We also collect your personal information from builders, developers, sales consultants or real estate agents (“Salesperson”) you engage with who sends you an automated email invitation to create an account on Lotmix using name and contact information that you gave to the Salesperson.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Work or residential address;
- Credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, statistics on product views and products shortlisted; traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through Lotmix and other related websites we operate (landconnect.com.au and landspot.com.au );
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealings with us.
Where you engage with a Salesperson directly on Lotmix and the Salesperson sends you products and floorplan documentation, we also collect information on how you engage with the products and floorplan documentation you received from the Salesperson.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
We take reasonable steps to securely destroy or de-identify all personal information where it is no longer necessary to retain the information for the purposes for which it was requested or as required by law.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable Salespersons to share their content or products with you;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our services, business and our users’ experience;
- to verify your identity or log-in to Lotmix and remind you of your password and username;
- to contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or Lotmix;
- to perform analytics and provide statistics, insights or business data to our business or our business partners;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to investigate any complaints made by you, or about you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and
- as otherwise required by law, to comply with our legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Salespersons you have engaged with on Lotmix in connection with your engagement with products and floorplan documentation the Salesperson sent to you;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement agencies, if required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
Personal information may be stored in databases hosted on servers and data centres located in Australia or Europe. We may also disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers, contractors, and cloud providers, that are located in the United States and Europe (France, Poland, Ukraine and Romania).
We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may use your personal information to send you communications about our products and services and the products and services of our business partners, which we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us provide you with your requested products or services, including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
You can contact us at any time to opt-out from receiving direct marketing communications from us by contacting us directly, by following the unsubscribe instructions in the relevant communication or by updating your preferences on your account.
We also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone, or other devices. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. The information collected by cookies enable us to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on Lotmix and third party websites.
You can disable cookies through your internet browser, but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we use encryption and SSL in the transfer of data.
However, we cannot guarantee that the transmission of data over the internet is totally secure. As such, any information that you choose to transmit to us over the internet is done at your own risk. Further, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
GDPR FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
We follow the principles of data protection outlined in the GDPR to ensure transparency, fairness and lawful data use and its collection.
We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
In processing your personal information, we must establish a lawful basis. The basis for collecting your personal information is dependent on the type of data we collect and how we use it.
We only collect your personal information when you provide consent for a specific purpose and to the extent required for it’s purpose. We will keep your data secure and safe.
We will also process your personal information if required for legitimate reasons or to fulfil a contractual and/or legal basis.
We will process your personal information if it necessary to protect your life, in a medical situation, if it is required to carry out a public function and if the function has a clear lawful basis.
We do not collect “Sensitive Personal Information” as classified under the GDPR. This includes personal information relating to sexual orientation or ethnic orgin unless we obtain your explicit consent, or if its being collected subject to and inline with the GDPR.
If you are under the age of 16, you must not provide us with your personal information without the consent of your parent or legal guardian. We do not knowlingly collect or process personal information of children
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Individuals residing in the EU have rights on how your personal information is obtained and used. Landconnect Global Pty Ltd complies with your rights according to the GDPR.
Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access your personal information. We will provide a free copy of it;
- the right to amend you personal information if is incomplete or inaccurate;
- the right to be forgotten (delete your personal information);
- the right to to restrict processing of your personal information;
- the right to reuse or retain your personal information for your own purposes;
- the right to to object to your personal information being used; and
- the right to object any profile or automated decision making
Our websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
If you discover that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request its correction by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you have concerns, complaints or questions about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your concerns.
We will investigate your query and respond to you within a timely manner.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to Lotmix, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) – see http://www.oaic.gov.au for details.
Landconnect Pty Ltd & Landconnect Global Pty Ltd
Level 3, 480 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000, Australia